Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Still a Student

So, begins my last semester as a BA student. If all goes as planned, I will be graduating from Metro on May 12th. This is, by no means, the end of my educational pursuits. I’ve recently (Jan. 9th) found the Master’s program of my dreams. Just knowing that the program exists is great. I’m applying for the program, and will soon find out if it is in my future. By soon, I assume that any registration approval will be dependent on my graduation at Metro.

So, I start a process that will require patience and perseverance. What to do if they don’t agree with me that theirs is the perfect program for me? Probably try again. I will cross that bridge if I come to it.
Life continues in Colorado. I have been writing nearly everyday, but it was for a particularly demanding course. This semester may be just as demanding. So, I don't know if I will write more blogs or not. The last semester was too full for me to write. Whereas, I began this semester today, and felt the urge to write flippant things that would remind me how far I've come, and why I'm here. I'm here to move forward with my education. As a mom with two Mozambican sons enrolled in University in Chimoio, I feel it's important for me to be true to my educational dreams and aim higher.
It is interesting, and a little bit uncomfortable, to be a student with children who are students, but I will encourage anyone who wants to be a student to move towards your goal. Find that program or school that rings your bells and go for it. Its probably good to find a few similar programs and keep researching and learning in what ever fashion you amass information and knowledge best.
with lots of love, 
Missionary Momma Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment